Tax Incremental Finance (TIF) - Developer's Agreement

Sec. 66.1105, Wis. Stats.

  1. What is the difference between a loan and a grant?

  2. What are the requirements for a municipality to provide a cash grant using increment funds?

  3. Is the municipality required to send a copy of the developer's agreement to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR)?

  4. When must the public hearing notice include the cash grant reference? Is an amount required?

  5. A municipality included cash grants in the original project plan. The municipality is now amending the plan. Does the municipality need to repeat the cash grant reference if no new cash grants are being added to the plan?

  6. Who makes the decision on what to include in a developer's agreement?

  7. Does the developer's agreement need to be finalized before the TID's creation resolution is adopted?

​​Contact Us

MS 6-97
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Office of Technical and Assessment Services
PO Box 8971
Madison, WI 53708-8971
Phone: (608) 266-7750