This is an overview of the claim process. Not all steps are shown. Use the "Next" button on the bottom of each screen to move on. Use the "Previous" button to go back. You can save a draft and resume filing a claim at any time by clicking "Save Draft." Write down the Confirmation Code you receive. This Code is only valid for 60 days. When you resume filing your claim, you must click on the "Continue Editing" link to make changes or continue with your submission.
A locator is a person who has a contract with another person to be compensated to locate, deliver, or recover property or assist in the location, delivery, and recovery of property.
- Select "No" if you are filing your own claim
- Select "Yes" if you are a locator filing a claim on behalf of the claimant
- Then click Next
Select Relationship to Property
You must choose your relationship to each property in the claim. See additional guidance on selecting the correct relationship type in the document Relationship Types and Documents Needed. When all properties have a relationship type entered, click Next.
Enter Claimant Information
- Enter your current first and last name
- Enter your social security number OR your Wisconsin driver's license number
- Enter your date of birth
- Enter your current phone number, email, and street address
- Verify the address entered by clicking on the "Verify Address" link below the state field
- Click Next