Unclaimed Child Support

Child support checks become unclaimed property when the check can't be delivered because the payee's address is not known. Payees may claim the support owed to them.

Click here to search the list of Unclaimed Child Support.

​​​​​​To claim the support owed to you:

  1. Follow the instructions and fill out the Request for Abandoned Funds form, provided by the Department of Children and Families.

  2. Print off the form.

  3. Sign the form in front of a Notary Public.

    1. A Notary is someone licensed by the state to witness signatures.

    2. You may use the Notary Public at your child support agency.

  4. Mail the completed form to the address listed at the top of the form.

This form is also available in Hmong and Spanish.

NOTE: This information is provided to the Department of Revenue by the Department of Children and Families. The Department of Children and Families manages the Unclaimed Child Support program and updates the list that is posted on this page.

Department of Children & Families
Bureau of Child Support
PO Box 7935
Madison, WI 53707-7935
(608) 266-9909​

February 28, 2017