Third Party Preparers

If the preparer has never registered with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue please call (number below) us to assist you in registering your business.

If the preparer has previously registered their business with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, then the Third party preparer may create their own My Tax Account by following the steps below:

Step 1: Enter Profile Information

Step 2: Enter Business Information

Stept 3: Authorization Code

Third party preparers may request access to their client's accounts by following the steps below:

Step 1: Log in to My Tax Account

Step 2: Select Manage My Profile in the upper right

Step 3: Select More... and then select Add Access to a Third Party Account.

Note: An email will be sent to the My Tax Account Master account holder as notification of your request. If the account owner does not have a Master My Tax Account logon, they will receive a letter about your access request. The access request will be automatically approved, and the tax account(s) will appear on your homepage.

Note: If the account owner is not registered for My Tax Account, you must haveForm A-777a or substitute form signed by an authorized person of the business. Keep a copy for your records. This form provides approval to file returns and access tax account information through My Tax Account. Do not send Form A-777a to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.

​Contact Us​

MS 5-77
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Customer Service Bureau
PO Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Phone: (608) 261-5338
Fax: (608) 267-1030

November 8​, 2023