If the preparer has never registered with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue please call (number below) us to assist you in registering your business.
If the preparer has previously registered their business with the the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, then the Third party preparer may create their own My Tax Account by following the steps below:
Step 1: Enter Profile Information
- On the
My Tax Account login screen, select
New? Create new username.
- Create a unique username and password. Each My Tax Account user needs their own username and password. For security reasons, don't share this information with anyone else.
- Enter a "Secret Question" and a "Secret Answer." For security reasons, don't share this information with anyone else.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your phone number.
- When creating your account, you will be asked "Are You a Third Party Preparer?" If you are a third party preparer, select
- If you already created a My Tax Account for yourself, but you can't remember your Wisconsin Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID or your My Tax Account username, select
Forgot username or password on the
My Tax Account login screen.
Step 2: Enter Business Information
- Enter the Third Party business' information. Independent accountants, organized as sole proprietors, may use their personal information.
Stept 3: Authorization Code
- After completing steps 1 and 2 and submitting your registration, you will receive an email containing an authorization code. You will need to enter this authorization code the first time you log in to My Tax Account.
Third party preparers may request access to their client's accounts by following the steps below:
Step 1: Log in to My Tax Account
Step 2: Select
Manage My Profile in the upper right
Step 3: Select
More... and then select
Add Access to a Third Party Account.
- Indicate if the request is for access to a wage attachment. For wage attachment access, you must have information about an employee under a wage order. An account owner registered in My Tax Account will receive an email notification of their access request. If the account owner is not registered in My Tax Account, the account owner will receive a letter about your access request.
- For business taxes select
No and select
Add Client and enter the required fields.
Submit for confirmation.
Note: An email will be sent to the My Tax Account Master account holder as notification of your request. If the account owner does not have a Master My Tax Account logon, they will receive a letter about your access request. The access request will be automatically approved, and the tax account(s) will appear on your homepage.
Note: If the account owner is not registered for My Tax Account, you must haveForm A-777a or substitute form signed by an authorized person of the business. Keep a copy for your records. This form provides approval to file returns and access tax account information through My Tax Account. Do not send Form A-777a to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Customer Service Bureau
PO Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Phone: (608) 261-5338
Fax: (608) 267-1030
November 8, 2023