How do I electronically file my income tax return?
Wisconsin promotes several types of e-filing for individual income taxes. They are professionally prepared electronic returns, online filing, and Wisconsin e-file.
- Professionally prepared electronic returns. The tax professional collects your income tax information, prepares your tax return, and transmits the return to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR). See
Electronic Filing Through a Tax Professional for more information.
- Online filing. If you have access to a computer with a modem or an Internet connection, you can:
- purchase off-the-shelf tax preparation software that includes an option for electronic filing. Some off-the-shelf software now includes the price of transmitting tax returns electronically.
- go to the website of a software company that transmits tax returns. The software prepares your tax return for you based on the information you provide. When you are done, you can submit your return. You will be asked for any payment at that time.
Wisconsin e-file is the department's free online application that allows individuals to file their state income tax return electronically.
How do I get help?
For help with your software program:
- Review their instructions
- Access their Help menu
- Call their Help staff
For help in preparing your taxes:
Phone: (608) 266-2772
For help with electronic filing:
Phone: (608) 264-6886
How do I know the Department of Revenue received my electronically filed return?
You or your tax preparer will receive an electronic acknowledgment from both the IRS and the Wisconsin DOR within 24-72 hours of e-filing.
If you use the department's free
Wisconsin e-file application, you will receive a confirmation number immediately upon successful submission of your tax return.
If I do not receive an acknowledgment within three days of transmitting my return, how do I find out what happened to my return?
If you are using third party software, log back into to your account and check your e-file status. If your return was rejected by federal or state you would need to correct your mistakes and resubmit your return. If you are not sure how to correct the return please contact your software provider if you are using third party software, or the Wisconsin DOR by phone at (608)264-6886 or email
DORElectronicFiling@wisconsin.gov, if you are using Wisconsin e-file.
If I realize that I made a mistake after I transmit my electronic return, what do I do?
The only way to correct an electronic return once it has been transmitted is to file a Wisconsin amended tax return. Amended returns can be filed electronically through
e-file. Otherwise, you must file a paper amended income tax return. For tax year:
- 2015 and after - Find the paper form you filed (Form 1, 1A, WI-Z, or 1NPR) and check the box next to the words at the top right side that say "check here if an amended return." Complete and send a Schedule AR - Explanation of Amended Return, along with the completed amended return.
- 2014 and prior - Use the Form 1X - Amended return - Wisconsin income tax.
Forms are available on our
Individual Income Tax Forms page.
I did not receive a Form 1099-G or misplaced it, but I did receive a refund. What is the Payer's name, address and ID number?
Payer's Name: Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Payer's Address: Mail Stop 3-258, PO Box 8905, Madison, WI 53708-8905
Payer's FEIN: 39-6006491
You can view and/or print your Form 1099-G at:
If my spouse died during the taxable year, can I file electronically?
Yes, you can. If you are filing as surviving spouse, your software should ask for this information. If you are not filing as surviving spouse, you need to fill in federal Form 1310, Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer. If you are having problems filing as surviving spouse, check with your software developer.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Electronic Filing Unit
PO Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Income Tax Customer Service Phone: (608) 266-2486
Business Tax Customer Service Phone: (608) 266-2776
Customer Service Fax: (608) 267-1030
Email additional questions to