March 6, 2020
To: Manufacturers, Real Estate Owners and Preparers
Disregard this reminder if you have already filed your 2020 M-Form
Since March 1 fell on a Sunday, the 2020 M-Form filing deadline was Monday, March 2, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTE TO RECIPIENT: Your email address is associated with the manufacturing account identified in the subject line as an authorized user within the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's (DOR) Manufacturing Assessment System (MAS).
If you are the current manufacturing property owner
- Log in to MAS and review the authorized users for your account(s)
remove a currently authorized user from your account select "Req Auth User Remove" on your Account History page
If you are an authorized user who is no longer associated with this account
- To request your removal as an authorized user, log in to MAS, select the account identified in the subject line from your list of authorized accounts, and select "Req Auth User Remove" on the Account History page;
REPLY to this email to request your removal as an authorized user from the manufacturing account identified in the subject line
Filing M-Forms late
- All manufacturers are required by state law to file the 2020 Manufacturing Property Return (M-Form) by
March 2, 2020. You received this message because the manufacturing property assessment account identified in the subject line of this email and associated with this email address
Log in to our Manufacturing Assessment System (MAS) to verify the status of the manufacturing property assessment account referenced in the subject line
- File the required 2020 (M-Form) by the
March 2, 2020, due date;
- Request a filing extension by the deadline. Extension requests are no longer available.
- Under state law (sec. 70.995(12)(c), Wis. Stats.), DOR must assess a filing penalty if an M-Form return is not filed, filed late or filed incomplete
Current late-filing penalty is $25 – since the return is fewer than 10 days late, the manufacturing account identified in the subject line will be assessed a $25 penalty
- If your manufacturing property account is filed
more than 10 days late (after March 11, 2020), the late-filing penalty increases:
11-30 days late – minimum
$50.00 penalty up to
$250.00 maximum penalty –
file by March 31, 2020, to avoid increased penalty
More than 30 days late– minimum
$100.00 penalty up to
$750.00 maximum penalty –
if filed on or after April 1, 2020
Additionally, non-filers will:
- Receive estimated 2020 manufacturing property assessments
- Lose the right to appeal their 2020 assessment to the Board of Assessors
Note:Late filing penalty fee information is available on our website.
Electronically filing (e-file) your M-Forms
e-filing your 2020 M-Forms through our Manufacturing Assessment System (MAS).
Note: Late e-filed M-Forms may be e-filed after the
March 2, 2020, due date. The MAS system automatically time stamps returns when the preparer designates the form as complete. Penalties are assessed based on the e-file date.
- E-filing is secure and allows you to prepare, save, file, view and print your returns
- Authorized users can file returns
- For more M-Form information, related common questions and instructions, visit our
Manufacturers web page
Paper-filed returns are not considered properly filed unless they:
- Contain the completed cover page including signatures and all required schedules
- Are filed on the state-prescribed
printable forms that are located on our website
Note: Late paper M-forms mailed to the appropriate Wisconsin Department of Revenue
(DOR) Manufacturing & Utility Bureau District Office are charged a penalty based on postmark date.
For other questions on filing M-Forms, late-filing penalties or manufacturing property assessment, contact your
Manufacturing & Utility Bureau District Office.