March 27, 2017
To: Manufacturers, Real Estate Owners, Lessors (to Manufacturers) and Preparers
Disregard this reminder if you already filed your 2017 M-Form.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO RECIPIENT: Your email address is associated with one or more manufacturing property accounts as an authorized user within the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's (DOR) Manufacturing Assessment System (MAS). Please log in to MAS and review authorizations for your account(s).
If you are the current manufacturing property owner
- Log in to MAS and review the authorized users for your account(s)
- REPLY to this email and identify the account number(s) and the names/emails of current authorized use(s) you would like to remove from the account(s)
If you were an authorized user – who is no longer associated with this account
- Log in to MAS and review the account(s) you are authorized to access
- REPLY to this email to request your removal as an authorized user from any manufacturing account by identifying the account number(s)
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) is providing a reminder of the upcoming extended deadline for filing 2017 Manufacturing Property Returns (M-Forms) – Manufacturing Personal Property (M-P), Real Estate (M-R) and Leased Equipment (M-L) Property Tax Returns. One or more manufacturing accounts you are authorized to access requested a filing extension to April 1 and has not yet filed the 2017 M-Form. To avoid filing penalties you must file your M-Form by the extended filing due date,
Monday, April 3, 2017.
April 3, 2017 Extended Filing Deadline (M-L, M-P, M-R)
Due to April 1, 2017 falling on Saturday, the extended filing deadline for M-Forms is
April 3, 2017
- Applies to Wisconsin M-Forms (M-L, M-P, M-R) for personal property, real estate and leased personal property located at manufacturers
- Download and electronically file (e-file) these forms from our
this is the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's preferred filing method
- All M-Forms must be e-filed or mailed to the
Manufacturing & Utility Bureau District Office responsible for the location of your manufacturing property by April 3, 2017
- If you mail your M-Form, it must be postmarked on or before April 3, 2017 to be considered timely
- Paper forms – download a PDF version from our
Late Filing Penalty
If you do not file your M-Form or file it late, you will receive a non-filing penalty and lose the right to appeal your assessment. See
Late filing penalty.
If you have questions, visit our
website or contact the
Manufacturing & Utility Bureau District Office responsible for the location of your manufacturing property.