February 23, 2017
TO: Manufacturers, Real Estate Owners, Lessors (to Manufacturers) and Preparers
Disregard this reminder if you already filed or requested an extension to file your 2017 M-Forms.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO RECIPIENT:
Your email address is associated with one or more manufacturing property accounts as an authorized user within the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's (DOR) Manufacturing Assessment System (MAS). Please log in to MAS and review authorizations for your account(s).
If you are the current manufacturing property owner
- Log in to MAS and review the authorized users for your account(s)
- REPLY to this email and identify the account number(s) and the names/emails of current authorized use(s) you would like to remove from the account(s)
If you were an authorized user – who is no longer associated with this account
- Log in to MAS and review the account(s) you are authorized to access
- REPLY to this email to request your removal as an authorized user from any manufacturing account by identifying the account number(s)
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) is providing a reminder of the upcoming deadline for filing 2017 Manufacturing Property Returns (M-Forms) – Manufacturing Personal Property (M-P), Real Estate (M-R) and Leased Equipment (M-L) Property Tax Returns. One or more manufacturing accounts you are authorized to access have not yet filed the 2017 M-Form. You must file your M-Form or request a filing extension by
Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
March 1, 2017 Filing Deadline (M-L, M-P, M-R)
- Download and electronically file (e-file) these forms from our website –
this is the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's preferred filing method
- All M-Forms must be e-filed or mailed to the
Manufacturing & Utility Bureau District Office responsible for the location of your manufacturing property by March 1, 2017
- If you mail your M-Form, it must be postmarked on or before March 1, 2017 to be considered timely
- Paper forms – download a PDF version from our
April 3, 2017 Extended Filing Deadline (M-L, M-P, M-R)
- Submit your filing
extension request by March 1, 2017
- Due to April 1, 2017 falling on Saturday, the extended filing deadline for timely requests is April 3, 2017
- Applies to Wisconsin M-Forms (M-L, M-P, M-R) for personal property, real estate and leased personal property located at manufacturers
Late Filing Penalty
If you do not file your M-Form or file it late, you will receive a non-filing penalty and lose the right to appeal your assessment. See
Late filing penalty.
If you have questions, visit our
website or contact the
Manufacturing & Utility Bureau District Office responsible for the location of your manufacturing property.