April 6, 2021
To: Manufacturers, Real Estate Owners and Preparers
Disregard this reminder if you have already filed your 2021 M-Form
2021 M-Form extended filing deadline was Thursday, April 1, 2021
IMPORTANT – Note to Recipient
Your email address is associated with the manufacturing account identified in the subject line as an authorized user within the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's (DOR) Manufacturing Assessment System (MAS).
Take action - if you are the:
Current manufacturing property owner
- Log in to MAS and review the authorized users for your account(s)
remove a currently authorized user from your account select "Req Auth User Remove" on your Account History page
Authorized user who is no longer associated with this account
- To request your removal as an authorized user, log in to MAS, select the account identified in the subject line from your list of authorized accounts, and select "Req Auth User Remove" on the Account History page;
REPLY to this message to request removal of this email from association with the manufacturing account identified in the subject line. Your email will be removed from the account record in MAS and/or contact information in the property record.
Filing M-Forms late – after April 1 extended deadline
Under state law, all manufacturers with a filing extension must file the 2021 Manufacturing Property Return (M-Form) by
April 1, 2021.
DOR did not receive your return – the manufacturing property assessment account listed in the subject line above and associated with this email address
- File the required 2021 (M-Form) by the
April 1, 2021, extended due date
- Log in to our Manufacturing Assessment System (MAS) to verify the status of the account identified in the subject line above
- File the required 2021 (M-Form) as soon as possible to avoid escalating penalties
Late filing penalty
- Under state law (sec. 70.995(12)(c), Wis. Stats.), DOR must impose a filing penalty if an M-Form return is not filed, filed late or the filing is not complete
Your current late-filing penalty is $25 – since the return is fewer than 10 days late
- Penalty increases if form is still not filed after 10 days – for more details, review
Late Filing Penalty Information
- Non-filers will also:
- Receive estimated 2021 manufacturing property assessments
- Lose the right to appeal their 2021 assessment to the State Board of Assessors
Electronically file (e-file) your M-Form
e-filing your 2021 M-Forms through our Manufacturing Assessment System (MAS). M-Forms can still be e-filed after the
April 1, 2021, extended due date. The MAS system automatically time stamps returns when the preparer designates the form as complete. Penalties are assessed based on the e-file date.
- E-filing is secure and allows you to prepare, save, file, view and print your returns
- Authorized users can file returns
- For more M-Form information, related common questions, instructions and e-file troubleshooting, visit our
Manufacturers web page
Paper-filed returns – are not considered properly filed unless they:
To avoid a delayed response, contact the
district office in your area.