April 10, 2019
To: General Assessors, Certified Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) will soon add the Municipal Assessment Report (MAR) to our enhanced online filing system, My DOR Government Account (MyDORGov). All assessors must log in to MyDORGov to update their user information, confirm the municipalities they assess are correctly identified, and verify the email address matches their email in the eRETR/Manage Users system.
Complete the following steps prior to filing the MAR form during the MAR filing period.
Before entering MyDORGov to access the MAR
Login to the eRETR (PAD) application
- Click "Manage Users" to view your profile
- Confirm the email address is correct
- Note: This is the email address you must use for the email authorization step below
- If your email is incorrect and you are:
- Assessor – contact DOR's
Equalization Bureau to update
- Assessment staff – ask the assessor you are listed under to update your email in the Manage Users system
Now you are ready to get started
- Visit the
Governments landing page
- Click "My DOR GOV Account"
- Complete the email authorization step if this is the first time you are entering the system
- Enter your PAD email address and click "Login"
- An email is sent to you with a link to access MyDORGov
- The first time you access the system, you must provide your contact information. Once on the MyDORGov home screen, click "View User Info" in the top right.
- Review your office and/or access summary and verify it is correct. If you have changes to the municipalities you assess in 2019, contact your
Equalization Bureau District Office.
Direct electronic filing
You can file MAR forms using DOR's MAR application or by using direct electronic filing through your CAMA system if your system includes that capability. DOR provided information to CAMA vendors about changes to the direct electronic filing process:
- Updated file schema
- Sample files
- Information on DOR's direct electronic filing system
- Use of a software token instead of a WAMS ID and password
For more information, visit the
Municipal Assessment Report Electronic Filing Instructions page on DOR's website.
Available help – common questions and videos
- Contact us at email@example.com