March 16, 2022
To: TID List, Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
Note: Disregard this message if you do not have a Tax Incremental District (TID) in your municipality.
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind you of the following TID fee and deadline.
TID administrative certification fee
- $150 fee – due annually for each active TID
Due date – April 18, 2022
- Pay by the due date to keep your TID active on the 2022 tax/assessment roll,
- Adopt a TID termination resolution to remove the TID number from the 2022 tax/assessment roll
- Use My Tax Account to pay the fee in the TIF account. When the administrative certification fee is:
Paid – TID is considered active, and DOR will calculate the increment for 2022 taxes
60.85(6)(am), Wis. Stats.)
Unpaid– DOR will not calculate the increment for 2022 taxes and the TID is considered terminated
Terminating a TID
- If your municipality terminates a TID by April 18, 2022, it does not owe an administrative certification fee for that TID
- To terminate a TID, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 18, 2022:
- Copy of the adopted municipal termination resolution
Note: DOR will adjust the total fee your municipality owes
- For more information, review
TID Termination Timeframes and
Contact us at email@example.com.