February 4, 2022
To: County Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the 2021 Financial Report –
Form A in My DOR Government Account (MyDORGov). County clerks are required to e-file a complete and accurate form by the due date stated below. Both the Departments of Administration and Transportation use this completed form when calculating future aid payments.
- Enhancements were made to the form for 2021. For details, review before filing:
- There are no new lines on Form A
May 2, 2022
May 16, 2022 extension – DOR automatically grants an extension to May 16, 2022. You do not have to send an extension request.
- Prior year filings are located in
MyDORGov under historical filings
Accessing the system
- Access the forms in MyDORGov from the
Financial Reports web page
- You must complete email authorization by entering your email address and clicking the provided link sent via email
- If entering the system for the first time, you must provide your contact information
Completing the form
- Complete all the required fields and electronically submit the form
- You will receive a confirmation number after you successfully e-file
- Print and/or save a copy for your records
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Counties with a population over 25,000 must also submit an auditor's opinion (Administrative Rule Tax 16) on the form by attaching it to the electronic filing.
- If attaching an auditor's opinion after the original filing is submitted, or if previously submitted amounts are amended, you must submit an amended Form A and attach the auditor's opinion using MyDORGov
Due date: August 1, 2022
- Do not send us a copy of your CAFR unless requested
Late Filing or Non-Filing
- Under state law (sec. 86.303(5), Wis. Stats.), you are required to file a complete and accurate form by the May 16 extension due date. If DOR does not receive a complete and accurate form by the extension due date, your county will be charged a late filing penalty, which reduces your General Transportation Aid payments. This penalty is calculated and imposed by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- If DOR does not receive your form, we may request that a Certified Public Accountant complete the form using your county records. Your county is charged for this service.
U.S. Census Bureau Annual Financial Report (Form F-65)
The U.S. Census Bureau (Census) is requesting that each municipality and county complete Form F-65 and submit it directly to the bureau through the new State Data Collection system. Census will send you an email and letter with log in information and instructions in the following weeks. Local governments can access the form at
SDC Home Page (census.gov).
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.