September 16, 2021
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, County Clerks and Treasurers, Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the new 2021 Expenditure Restraint Program Early Payment Request (Form SL-204) on our website. DOR created this form due to the 2021 Wisconsin Act 1 law change.
2021 Wisconsin Act 1 law change
- Sec. 79.02 – effective February 20, 2021
- This law change allows DOR to distribute a portion of Expenditure Restraint Payment (ERP) early for municipalities that:
- Failed to file their ERP Worksheet timely in a prior year
- Filed their 2021 ERP Worksheet timely and qualify for a 2022 ERP payment
- Are financially burdened by loss of the ERP payment
If your municipality meets all of the above qualifications, complete Form SL-204 and email it along with all required attachments to email@example.com by October 15, 2021.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.