February 19, 2021
To: County Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the 2020 Financial Report –
Form A in My DOR Government Account (MyDORGov). County Clerks are required to electronically file (e-file) a complete and accurate form by the due date stated below. Both the Departments of Administration and Transportation use this completed form when calculating future aid payments.
- Enhancements were made to the form for 2020. For details, view before filing:
- There are no new lines on Form A
May 3, 2021
May 17, 2021 extension – DOR automatically grants an extension to May 17, 2021. You do not have to send an extension request.
- You may review your county's 2019 financial report summary on our
Municipal Financial Report Summary web page
Accessing the system:
- Access the forms in MyDORGov from the
Financial Reports web page
- You must complete email authorization by entering your email address and clicking the provided link sent via email
- If entering the system for the first time, you must provide your contact information
Completing the form:
- Complete all the required fields and electronically submit the form
- You will receive a confirmation number after you successfully e-file
- Print and/or save a copy for your records
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Counties with a population over 25,000 must also submit an auditor's opinion on the form (Administrative Rule Tax 16) by attaching it to the electronic filing
- If attaching an auditor's opinion after the original filing is submitted, or if previously submitted amounts are amended, you must submit an amended Form A and attach the auditor's opinion using MyDORGov
Due date: July 31, 2021
- Do not send us a copy of your CAFR unless requested
Late Filing or Non-Filing
- Under state law (sec. 86.303 (7)(a)(b)(c)(d), Wis. Stats.), if DOR does not receive a complete and accurate form by the due date, your county will be charged a late filing penalty which reduces your General Transportation Aid payments
- If DOR does not receive your form, we may request that a Certified Public Accountant complete the form using your county records. Your county is charged for this service.
U.S. Census Bureau Annual Financial Report (Form F-65)
The U.S. Census Bureau is requesting each municipality and county complete Form F-65 and submit it directly to them at firstname.lastname@example.org. The form is available on the
Financial Reports web page.
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com or (608) 261-5341.