August 20, 2020
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, County Treasurers
This is a reminder from the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) that you must electronically file (e-file) your 2020 Statement of Assessment (SOA). If your county or municipality has significant value changes, district boundary changes, etc., you must e-file by September 1, 2020 to ensure DOR certifies an accurate Equalized Value for the schools, technical colleges and special districts within your municipality.
Note: Your county may have already filed on your behalf.
The list of municipalities that did not file their 2020 SOA (as of August 18, 2020) are available on the
SOA Non-Filer Report.
General form information
Due date: June 8, 2020 or after your Board of Review (BOR)
- You do not have to inform us if your BOR is held after June 8, 2020
My DOR Government Account
- Click "My DOR GOV Account" on the
Governments landing page
- SOA should be listed on your home page. If not, follow the steps below to review your access.
- Review your access:
- On the MyDORGov home page, click "View User Info" in the top right
- If you are the officeholder, verify this is listed on the left under "Your Office Summary" panel
- If it is not listed, click "Request Office" and submit an officeholder request to DOR
- Click "Ready to Transfer" on the Governments
file transfer page
- Your text file must follow the current
SOA File Layout
- You must include the assessor name and accurate phone number
Receipt number is confirmation your file was sent to DOR. If we are unable to process it, we will contact you.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.