July 27, 2020
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, County Clerks and Treasurers, Special Districts, Technical Colleges
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) distributed the following shared revenue and property tax credit payments today, Monday, July 27, 2020 to counties, municipalities, school districts, technical colleges and special districts. We sent notices electronically or by postal mail to local governments directly. Visit our
Reports web page to review the notices and reports listed below.
Property Tax Credits
Both distributions are based on 2019-20 property tax bills.
School Levy Tax Credit (SLTC)
- SLTC County Payment Notices
- SLTC Municipal Payment Notices – payments to county
- SLTC Municipal Payment Notices – payments to municipality
First Dollar Credit (FDC)
- FDC County Payment Notices
- FDC Municipal Payment Notices – payments to county
- FDC Municipal Payment Notice – payments to municipality
- FDC Settlement Report
- FDC Settlement Worksheet
Note: Use the
FDC Settlement Report and
Worksheet to assist in calculating the settlement amounts for each taxing jurisdiction.
Property Tax Credit Settlement
On or before August 15 – municipalities that received a direct payment for the school levy tax credit and first dollar credit must pay the full credit amount to their county treasurer
On or before August 20 – county treasurers must settle with each taxing jurisdiction (except 1st class cities) in their county
County and Municipal Aid, Utility Aid and Expenditure Restraint Program
Payment amounts are based on 2020 Original Estimate issued in September 2019.
- Shared Revenue July Payment Notices
Exempt Computer Aid
Payment amounts are based on 2020 estimates issued in October 2019.
- July 2020 Exempt Computer Payment Notices
- Municipal Tax Incremental Districts
- School Districts
- Technical Colleges
- Special Districts
Video Service Provider (VSP) Aid
This is the first distribution of VSP aid. Payments are based on amounts reported to DOR during 2019 and the 2020 estimates issued in October 2019.
- July 2020 VSP Payment Notices
- July 2020 VSP Payment Report
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.