2019 Municipal Financial Report Forms C/CT - for Municipalities

February 11, 2020

To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers

The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the following 2019 Municipal Financial Report Forms (C and CT) in My DOR Government Account (MyDORGov). Municipal Clerks are required to electronically file (e-file) a complete and accurate form by the appropriate due date stated below. Both the Departments of Administration and Transportation use this completed form when calculating future aid payments.

  • Form C – for cities and villages (and towns with proprietary funds)
  • Form CT – for towns without proprietary funds          

General Information

To e-file

Accessing the system:

Completing the form:

  • Complete all the required fields and electronically submit the form
  • You will receive a confirmation number after you successfully e-file
  • Print and/or save a copy for your records

Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)

  • Municipalities with a population over 25,000 must also submit an auditor's opinion on the form (Administrative Rule Tax 16) by email or mail
  • If previously submitted amounts are amended, you must submit a complete amended Form C/CT and attach the auditor's opinion using MyDORGov
  • Due date: July 31, 2020
  • Do not send us a copy of your CAFR unless requested

Late Filing or Non-Filing

  • Under state law (sec. 86.303 (7)(a)(b)(c)(d), Wis. Stats.), if DOR does not receive a complete and accurate form by the due date, your municipality will be charged a late filing penalty which reduces your General Transportation Aid payments
  • If DOR does not receive your form, we may request that a Certified Public Accountant complete the form using your municipal records. Your municipality is charged for this service.

U.S. Census Bureau Annual Financial Report (Form F-65)

The U.S. Census Bureau is requesting each municipality and county complete Form F-65 and submit it directly to them at ewd.local.finance@census.gov. The form is available on the Financial Reports web page.

Questions – contact us at lgs@wisconsin.gov or (608) 261-5341 or (608) 266-8207