February 11, 2020
To: County Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the 2019 Financial Report – Form A in My DOR Government Account (MyDORGov). County Clerks are required to electronically file (e-file) a complete and accurate form by the due date stated below. Both the Departments of Administration and Transportation use this completed form when calculating future aid payments.
- There are no new lines on Form A
May 1, 2020
May 15, 2020 extension – DOR automatically grants an extension to May 15, 2020. You do not have to send an extension request.
- You may review your county's 2018 financial report summary on our
Reports web page
- Review the detailed
form instructions before filing
Accessing the system:
- Access the forms in MyDORGov from the
Financial Reports web page
- You must complete email authorization by entering your email address and clicking the provided link sent via email
- If entering the system for the first time, you must provide your contact information
Completing the form:
- Complete all the required fields and electronically submit the form
- You will receive a confirmation number after you successfully e-file
- Print and/or save a copy for your records
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Counties with a population over 25,000 must also submit an auditor's opinion on the form (Administrative Rule Tax 16) by email or mail
- If previously submitted amounts are amended, you must submit a complete amended Form A and attach the auditor's opinion using MyDORGov
Due date: July 31, 2020
- Do not send us a copy of your CAFR unless requested
Late Filing or Non-Filing
- Under state law (sec. 86.303 (7)(a)(b)(c)(d), Wis. Stats.), if DOR does not receive a complete and accurate form by the due date, your county will be charged a late filing penalty which reduces your General Transportation Aid payments
- If DOR does not receive your form, we may request that a Certified Public Accountant complete the form using your county records. Your county is charged for this service.
U.S. Census Bureau Annual Financial Report (Form F-65)
The U.S. Census Bureau is requesting each municipality and county complete Form F-65 and submit it directly to them at firstname.lastname@example.org. The form is available on the
Financial Reports web page.
Questions – contact us at email@example.com or (608) 261-5341