January 22, 2019
To: County Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the 2018 Municipal Financial Report – Form A on our
website. County Clerks are required to electronically file (e-file) a complete and accurate form by the due date stated below. Both DOR and the Department of Transportation use this completed form when calculating future aid payments.
- There are no new lines on Form A
May 1, 2019
May 15, 2019 extension – DOR automatically grants an extension to May 15, 2019. You do not have to send an extension request.
- Amended forms must be submitted by email, mail or fax
- You may review your county's 2017 financial report summary on our
Reports web page, under County Data
- Access the forms on our
- Complete all the required fields and electronically submit the form
- You will receive a confirmation number after you successfully e-file
- Print and/or save a copy for your records
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Counties with a population over 25,000 must also submit a final Form A with an auditor's opinion on the form (Administrative Rule Tax 16)
- If previously submitted amounts are amended, you must submit a complete amended Form A
Due date: July 31, 2019
- Submit to DOR by email, mail or fax
- Do not send us a copy of your CAFR unless requested
Late Filing or Non-Filing
- Under state law (sec. 86.303 (7)(a)(b)(c)(d), Wis. Stats.), if DOR does not receive a complete and accurate form by the due date, your county will be charged a late filing penalty which reduces your General Transportation Aid payments
- If DOR does not receive your form, we may request that a Certified Public Accountant complete the form using your county records. Your county is charged for this service.
If you need assistance filing, training videos are available on the
MFR Training web page
U.S. Census Bureau Annual Financial Report (Form F-65)
The U.S. Census Bureau will be requesting each municipality and county complete Form F-65 and submit it directly to them; however, the form is not yet available. We will notify you when the form is available on our website.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 261-5341