May 15, 2019
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, County Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind you of the due date for electronic filing (e-filing) the Municipal Financial Report (MFR) forms.
- May 15, 2019 automatic extension– DOR grants an extension automatically for all municipalities and counties. There are no extensions beyond this date.
The forms are available on our MFR Forms page (not within My DOR Government Account). Make sure to e-file the correct MFR form.
- Form CT – for towns (without proprietary funds)
- Form C – for cities and villages (and towns with proprietary funds)
- Form A – for counties
Watch our training videos located on our MFR Training web page.
Late filing or no filing
- Late filing – under state law (sec. 86.303 (7)(a)(b)(c)(d), Wis. Stats.), if DOR does not receive a complete and accurate form by the due date, your municipality will be charged a late filing penalty which reduces your General Transportation Aid payments
- No filing – if DOR does not receive your form, we may request that a Certified Public Accountant complete the form using your municipal records. Your municipality is charged for this service.
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.