June 12, 2023
To: Statutory Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind you that the 2023 filing deadline for the Municipal Assessment Report (MAR) is today, June 12, 2023.
- The 2023 MAR report is located within DOR's online filing system, MyDORGov. Filing instructions are available on DOR's website.
- E-file the MAR by midnight today, Monday, June 12, 2023
MAR Non-filer Lists
- Summary of unfiled MAR reports (attached)
- Report includes non-filers as of 1:00 a.m. today, Monday, June 12, 2023
- Review the non-filer list to make sure we received your filing
Non-filed or Late-filed Forms
If you do not file by Monday, June 12, 2023, the following may occur:
- Municipal reporting – municipality receives a reduced levy limit due to the lack of new construction information
- TID reporting– prior year's non-manufacturing full value is certified for the current year. This may result in less tax increment dollars available to the municipality.
Note: If you do not file a MAR by June 12, 2023, DOR's Equalization Bureau will file a formal complaint against your certification with the Office of Technology & Assessment Services, requesting a review and possible revocation of your assessor certification under state law (sec. 73.09(7), Wis. Stats.)
Contact the district office in your area.