November 1, 2022
To: Statutory Assessors, Assessors, County Clerks, Treasurers, Real Property Listers, Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the 2022 Preliminary Major Class Comparison Report (sec. 70.05 Assessment Compliance) on our
To receive a 2022 Preliminary Compliance calculation, a municipality needed to file these two reports by October 3, 2022:
- 2022 Statement of Assessment (SOA)
- Final 2022 Municipal Assessment Report (MAR)
The SOA must be error free to use for compliance measurement
- If the municipality did not file its 2022 information by October 3, the 2022 compliance is not displayed in this report and the preliminary compliance status appears as non-compliant
- If the 2022 compliance is not included in the preliminary report, DOR will review the late filed MAR and/or SOA in January, and will include the compliance on the Final Major Class Comparison Report
- If the Final Major Class Comparison indicates a municipality is in compliance, DOR will rescind any notices issued due to incomplete information
Note: DOR will send the rescind notices when we post the Final 2022 Major Class Comparison Report in February 2023.
Contact the district office in your area.