November 1, 2021
To: Statutory Assessors, Assessors, County Clerks, County Treasurers, Real Property Listers, Municipal Clerks, Municipal Treasurers
The 2021 Preliminary Major Class Comparison Report (sec. 70.05 Assessment Compliance) is available on the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR)
To receive a 2021 Preliminary Compliance calculation, a municipality needed to file these two reports by October 1, 2021:
- 2021 Statement of Assessment (SOA)
- Final 2021 Municipal Assessment Report (MAR)
The SOA must be error free to use for compliance measurement
- If the municipality did not file its 2021 information by October 1, the 2021 compliance is not displayed in this report and the preliminary compliance status appears as non-compliant
- If the 2021 compliance is not included in the preliminary report, DOR will review the late filed MAR and/or SOA in January, and will include the compliance on the Final Major Class Comparison Report
- If the Final Major Class Comparison indicates a municipality is in compliance, DOR will rescind any notices issued due to incomplete information
Note: DOR will send the rescind notices when we post the Final 2021 Major Class Comparison Report in February 2022.
district office in your area.