October 30, 2020
To: Statutory Assessors, Assessors, County Clerks, County Treasurers, Real Property Listers, Municipal Clerks, Municipal Treasurers
The 2020 Preliminary Major Class Comparison Report (sec. 70.05 Assessment Compliance) is now available on the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR)
To receive a 2020 Preliminary Compliance calculation, a municipality needed to file these two reports by October 1, 2020:
- 2020 Statement of Assessment (SOA)
- Final 2020 Municipal Assessment Report (MAR)
The SOA must be error free to use for compliance measurement
- If the municipality did not file its 2020 information by October 1, the 2020 compliance is not displayed in this report and the preliminary compliance status appears as non-compliant
- If the 2020 compliance is not included in the preliminary report, DOR will review the late filed MAR and/or SOA in January, and will include the compliance on the Final Major Class Comparison Report
- If the Final Major Class Comparison indicates a municipality is in compliance, DOR will rescind any notices issued due to incomplete information
Note: DOR will send the rescind notices when we post the Final 2020 Major Class Comparison Report in February 2021.
If you have questions, contact the
Equalization Bureau District Office in your area.