REMINDER: The Department of Revenue no longer accepts PDF's of wage statements or information returns. The approved submission options are located in
This is the electronic file transmission site for employers transmitting wage statements (Forms W-2) and information returns (Forms W-2G, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, and 1099-R) electronically to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR). Choose your
Ready to Transfer option below. For additional information see our
Common Questions or
Guide to Wisconsin Wage Statements and Information Returns.
W-2 Files in EFW2 Format IRS Formatted 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, and W-2G Files
Use the transfer button below for the following file types:
- SSA EFW2 W-2 files and IRS formatted 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, and W-2G files. Specifications for submission are outlined in Wisconsin
Annual W-2, 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, and W-2G Electronic Reporting.
- Corrected or amended W-2s in an EFW2 file. When sending the modified W-2 file, put a "1" in byte 29 of the "RA" record (the first record in the file).
- Prior tax year (2016 - 2019) or early year (2021) W-2 files. Use SSA specifications for 2020. Select "W-2 Data Noncurrent Filing Year" to transmit.
EFW2, 1099, W-2G
Ready to Transfer EFW2
- Locate your Form W-2, 1099, or W-2G file on your PC or network.
- Click the
Ready To Transfer link above.
- Select the appropriate option from the drop down box.
- Make sure
"Is this a test file" is checked
- On the
"Select the File" line, click on the
Browse button to locate the file on your PC or network.
Transfer to submit your file.
Only files up to 50MB can be accepted. Files larger than 50MB should be zipped or divided into two or more files.
A 13-digit confirmation number will be issued when the file has been accepted. If you receive an error message, the file has not been accepted. You must correct the errors and resubmit the file.
Having problems transmitting your file? See pages 13-15; 18-19 of
Publication 172. If you continue to have problems, see the contact information at the bottom of this page.
XML Software Provider Letter of Intent
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue requires XML software providers to complete the Letter of Intent (LOI) and our testing program before XML filings may be approved. Please review requirements in the LOI release document.
LOI Release Document
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Customer Service Bureau
PO Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Phone: (608) 266-2776
January 3, 2022