TeleFile allows Wisconsin business owners to file, and pay sales and use tax using a touch-tone phone. Telefile is fast, free and available anytime except Sundays from 5 to 9 a.m.
Complete the following information to print the TeleFile worksheet and payment voucher:
* Indicates a required field.
Select the ending month of the desired period. Quarterly filers select the last month of the quarter and annual filers select the last month of the fiscal year.
Select the year of the desired period.
The number you entered is not a valid account number.
The period ending you indicated is not valid for this account.
The system is unavailable. Please try again later.
Verify account and print voucher.
Who qualifies for TeleFile?
All Wisconsin business owners who report Wisconsin sales tax, use tax and consumer's use tax.
What should I do after I finish the call?
- If you haven't paid using direct debit during the call, pay any tax due.
- Keep the worksheet along with the confirmation number as your proof of filing. DO NOT MAIL THE WORKSHEET to the department separately or with your payment.
How do I pay the tax due?
Make your payment on time using one of the three payment options.
- Direct Debit. TeleFile allows you to pay a balance due by direct withdrawal from your checking or savings account during the call. To use direct withdrawal, be sure to have your bank's 9-digit routing number and bank account number available.
- Paper check or money order. Use the TeleFile payment voucher to make your TeleFile payment by paper check or money order.
Can someone else TeleFile for me?
If you are unable to use a touch-tone phone, you may have someone assist you in making the telephone call or have your tax preparer TeleFile your return.
Do I need to send paper copies of the return when I TeleFile?
No. As long as you complete the call and receive the confirmation number at the end, TeleFile satisfies your filing requirements for a Wisconsin tax return. DO NOT MAIL THE WORKSHEET to the department separately or with your payment.
Do I need a receipt when I TeleFile?
When you TeleFile, you are given a confirmation number. The confirmation number is verification of filing electronically. Be sure to write this number on your TeleFile worksheet.
What if I make a mistake when using TeleFile?
If you realize the mistake before you receive your confirmation number, hang up, redial, and begin again.
If you already received the confirmation number, you must file a paper return (Form ST-12) to amend your TeleFile return. Check the box on the top of page 1 to indicate the return is amended. Follow the
instructions on page 6 of Form S-114, "Instructions for Wisconsin Sales and Use Tax Return,...".
FOR QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS CONTACT:
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Customer Service Bureau
PO Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Phone: (608) 266-2776
Fax: (608) 327-0232
Email additional questions to