- How do I assemble my Wisconsin individual income tax return?
How do I assemble my Wisconsin individual income tax return?
File electronically whenever possible.
Returns are processed slower when not assembled in the proper order. Assemble Wisconsin income tax returns in this order:
- A complete Form 1, 1NPR, X-NOL or Form 2. Be sure the pages are in the proper order.
- Payments (checks and money orders) paper clipped where indicated on the front of the form.
- Schedule H or H-EZ (Homestead Credit) or Schedule FC or Schedule FC-A (Farmland Preservation Credit) with supporting documentation behind the schedule. Returns with missing or incomplete documentation may be held until the department receives all necessary information.
- Copies of appropriate Wisconsin schedules and supporting documents.
- Legible withholding tax statements (Forms W-2, W-2G, K-1, and/or 1099). If the state copy of the withholding tax statement is not legible, please attach a photocopy of the original page of the statement.
complete copy of the
Federal Return with accompanying schedules must follow when Form 1 or 1-NPR is filed. Copies should include the complete federal form and all the supporting documents.
- Copies of other state tax returns including wage statements and supporting documents when claiming a credit for taxes paid to other states.
- Copies of real estate tax bills and receipts when claiming Veterans and Surviving Spouses Property Tax Credit. Include copy of DVA certification if first time claiming credit.
- A copy of the federal extension of time to file, when applicable.
- Divorce decree and/or
Injured Spouse Allocation, federal Form 8379.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Customer Service Bureau
PO Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Phone: (608) 266-2486
Fax: (608) 267-1030
Email additional questions to
December 12, 2018