New Holder Reporting System for Unclaimed Property

​Beginning March 9, 2015, holders have a new alternative method for reporting unclaimed property to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. The department's My Tax Account is a free alternative for reporting. There are three options for filing reports using My Tax Account:

  1. Attach a standard NAUPA Report File generated by UPExchange or HRS Pro Software
  2. Import a spreadsheet using the template provided on the department's website
  3. Manually enter a holder report, including negative reports, directly in My Tax Account

Holders using UPExchange may also file their reports online using UPExchange software.

Holder reports that are submitted to the department in some other format will not be processed. Any reports sent via email or CD will be rejected AND the holder will be notified to submit the report electronically.

Two new payment options are also available: ACH Credit and ACH Debit. For instructions, please see the Holder Report Guide​.

More information on reporting unclaimed property to Wisconsin is available under "Options for Holder Reporting" on the department's website. This page includes links to My Tax Account. If you have questions, please call (608) 264-4594 or email:

March 9, 2015