Certain guidelines must be followed for reproduced or substitute Wisconsin tax forms (including schedules). The purpose of these guidelines is to ensure that the reproduced or substitute forms are compatible with the department's processing system, and that they present information in a uniform manner.
Substitute Tax Form Approval Guidelines and Specifications
Scannable Forms Requiring Approval
- All demographic entries must contain a leading blank space.
- Use capital letters in all alphabet fields.
- No commas in amount fields.
- A dash must be used as an indicator of negative amounts in all fields.
- All date formats must be MMDDCCYY or MMDDYYYY
- Do not include dashes or slashes within SSN, FEIN, or hyphenated last name fields.
- WT-7 account type must be 036.
- Form 3 – please use whole numbers only, no decimal points.
Payments / Vouchers
Substitute estimated tax vouchers will no longer be accepted. Instead, vendors should encourage their users to
pay electronically OR use one of our interactive vouchers linked below.
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Data Capture Section
PO Box 8903
Madison, WI 53708-8903
Fax: (608) 264-6884
October 25, 2022