November 1, 2022
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is making enhancements and upgrades to our manufacturing filing. All manufacturing forms (M-Forms) are moving from Manufacturing Assessment System (MAS) into My Tax Account (MTA) for the 2023 filing season. This improved filing system rolls out in January and is a one-stop shop for account management, form filing, and bill payment.
Familiar – the changeover to MTA consolidates tax filing to a system most businesses already use to file and pay business taxes
Ease of use – MTA allows authorized users to complete many tasks, such as:
- Request extensions
- File returns
- Make penalty payments
- Modify and manage user access
Secure – no downloading forms using third-party software
You or your representative must be registered as a user in MTA to e-file your manufacturing forms. If you or your representative are:
- Already registered, you don't need to do anything at this time
- Not registered, please do the following to create a username and password
- Go to MTA Logon screen:
- Click "New? Create new username"
- Complete new registration steps 1-3 (Logon Information, Customer Information, Active Business) and click submit; you will finish step 4 in mid-January 2023
Transition details – we will continue to keep you informed throughout this process
M-Forms – will be live in MTA in mid-January 2023
MAS – you will longer file in MAS, however, your historical filings will still be available for review
Contact the district office in your area.