May 1, 2023
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
Cc: County Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR), State and Local Finance Division distributed personal property aid payments to local governments today, May 1, 2023
May 2023 distribution reports are available on our website for:
- Municipal tax incremental districts (currently, only Excel file available)
- School districts
- Special districts
- Technical colleges
2023 Distribution (effective July 10, 2021)
- Under 2021 Wisconsin Act 61 (sec. 79.096, Wis. Stats.), DOR will distribute personal property aid to the municipality and other taxing jurisdictions:
- When a TID terminates – in the following year and each year thereafter. Note: Prior law eliminates aid.
- For TIDs active for the 2017 tax year that terminated since and would have received aid, DOR distributed the sum of that aid to the municipality and other taxing jurisdictions in 2022 – as well as the appropriate annual amount each year thereafter.
- Note: Terminated TID aid payments will not be included in levy/revenue limit calculations
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.