March 15, 2023
To: County Clerks and Treasurers, Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue, State and Local Finance Division would like to remind you of today's filing deadline for the following forms:
- Form SL-320C – County Fallen Protective Services Insurance Report
- Form SL-320M – Municipal Fallen Protective Services Insurance Report
Under state law (2019 WI Act 19), counties and municipalities must submit one of these forms, if they:
- Had a police officer, emergency medical services practitioner, or firefighter die in the line of duty
- Paid hospital, surgical or other health insurance premiums for the surviving spouse and dependent children during 2022
- Forms are available in
Due date – March 15, 2023
- County/municipal clerk must e-file this form
- Reported values are used to calculate the 2024 adjustment to County and Municipal Aid.
A county/municipality is not be eligible for this aid adjustment if the form is not submitted timely.
Each county/municipality must report
- Number of:
- Eligible deceased personnel
- Surviving spouses/dependents and their age as of January 1, 2022
- Premiums paid during 2022
- A political subdivision may not be required to pay the premiums for a surviving spouse if the surviving spouse remarries or if the surviving spouse reaches the age of 65 (sec.
66.0137(5)(c)3, Wis. Stats.)
- An individual is not a dependent child after the individual reaches the age of 26 (sec.
66.0137(5)(c)3, Wis Stats.)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.