September 30, 2022
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, County Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted an estimate of your 2023 Video Service Provider Aid on our
- Aid is based on the amounts reported to DOR in 2020 on Form SL-310:
Video Service Provider Report and confirmed in the 2022 SL-310 form filed with DOR
- Video service provider aid is distributed to each municipality imposing the video service (cable) provider fee under sec.
66.0420(7), Wis. Stats.
- The aid equals 1.0% of the gross receipts used to calculate the actual 2019 fee revenues received by the municipality (sec.
79.097(1)(b), Wis. Stats.)
- DOR will distribute this aid to each municipality on or before July 24, 2023 (sec.
79.097(3)(b), Wis. Stats.)
- Starting on January 1, 2021, the video service fee (percentage) imposed by a municipality must equal the percentage applied on December 31, 2018, less 1.0% (sec.
66.0420(7)(b)2m., Wis. Stats.)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.