April 1, 2022
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the 2022 Expenditure Restraint Program (ERP) Worksheet on our
website. Is your municipality eligible? See information below.
Due date – May 2, 2022
- E-file through
New Line 9 on 2022 ERP Worksheet
- Per Wisconsin Act 61 effective as of July 10, 2021
- Line 9 – for general fund expenditures of payments due to the termination of a tax incremental district under state law (sec.
79.096(3), Wis. Stats.)
Amended budgets – if your municipality amends its budget, you must e-file the following by these deadlines:
- May 2, 2022 – ERP Worksheet with current budget information
- July 1, 2022 – amended ERP Worksheet with your amended budget information
Is your municipality eligible to e-file the 2022 ERP?
- Your municipal-only 2021 property tax rate must exceed five mills
- DOR sent notifications to 429 municipalities that are eligible to file
- Only eligible municipalities can access the worksheet
Note: If your municipality does not file by the May 2, 2022 due date, it is not eligible to receive a 2023 ERP payment
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.