March 15, 2022
To: County Clerks and Treasurers, Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind you of today's filing deadline for Form SL-320C – County Fallen Protective Services Insurance Report and Form SL-320M – Municipal Fallen Protective Services Insurance Report.
- Under state law (2019 WI Act 19), counties and municipalities must submit one of these forms, if they:
- Had a police officer, emergency medical services practitioner, or firefighter die in the line of duty
- Paid hospital, surgical or other health insurance premiums for the surviving spouse and dependent children during 2021
The reported values are used to calculate the 2023 adjustment to County and Municipal Aid.
A county/municipality will not be eligible for this aid adjustment if the form is not submitted timely.
- County/municipal clerk must e-file the appropriate form through
- Each county/municipality must report
- Number of:
- Deceased personnel
- Surviving spouses/dependents and their age as of January 1, 2021
- Premiums paid during 2021
Contact us at email@example.com.