July 13, 2021
To: Municipal and County Clerks, Treasurers and Heads of Government
Today, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR), on behalf of the U.S. Treasury Department (Treasury), distributed the payment of the ARPA – Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (LFRF) to 26 non-entitlement units (NEUs – typically municipalities with a population less than 50,000).
Note: DOR is continuing to work with the remaining eligible municipal NEUs that were unable to file timely.
- 26 municipalities received a payment today, Tuesday, July 13, 2021
- 1,780 municipalities received funds on Friday, June 25, 2021
View payment report for details
- Municipalities will receive the funds in the same account used for shared revenue – this could be ACH, LGIP or check based on information provided by the municipality
- Provided by Treasury – if funds are deposited into an interest-bearing account, municipalities do not have to remit interest to Treasury
- Include these funds in the Revenue account '103-43300 – Federal Grants – Other Federal Payments' for reporting purposes on the Municipal Financial Report
Note: DOR will distribute the remaining LFRF allocation (second payment) in approx. June 2022