June 14, 2021
To: Municipal and County Clerks, Treasurers and Heads of Government
Federal Funding is Available – E-file by Friday, June 18, 2021 Deadline
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind you that Form SL-330: Coronavirus Local Recovery Funds Request is available in My DOR Government Account. This is the form municipalities with a population under 50,000 (non-entitlement units of government (NEUs)) must electronically file (e-file) with DOR to request American Rescue Plan Act – Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (LFRF).
Wisconsin municipalities have until December 31, 2024 to obligate these funds, and December 31, 2026 to complete projects. Every Wisconsin municipality was
Request funding now to ensure your municipality has the opportunity to provide relief and invest in your community!
NEUs Requesting Funds
- Form SL-330 – located in
Filing deadline – Friday, June 18, 2021
- Form must be e-filed by Municipal Clerk
- When completing the form, you will need:
- Federal Taxpayer Identification Number or Federal Employer Identification Number
- DUNS number can be obtained at fedgov.dnb.com/webform/ or call 1-866-705-5711
- Total annual operating budget, including general fund and other funds, as of January 27, 2020
- Contact information of Municipal Clerk or Clerk-Treasurer – ensure this information is accurate within their MyDORGov user profile
- Contact information of authorized representative for your municipality (same individual signing the Treasury forms below)
- Attach the completed/signed Treasury forms
DOR has received several questions regarding the appropriate value to report in Section B, Line 1 on Form SL-330: Coronavirus Local Recovery Funds Request.
Based on the U.S. Treasury Department's frequently asked questions – the most recent budget is a municipality's most recent annual total operating budget, including its general fund and other funds, as of January 27, 2020. If a fund is within your operating budget, it should be included. This may include general fund, debt service, capital project fund, special revenue funds, enterprise funds, etc.
We will continue to send information to help assist local governments through this process.