April 6, 2021
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the 2021 Expenditure Restraint Program (ERP) Worksheet in My DOR Government Account (MyDORGov). Notifications were sent directly to the 449 municipalities that are eligible to electronically file (e-file) the 2021 ERP Worksheet.
- Municipalities are eligible to e-file if your municipal-only 2020 property tax rate exceeds five mills
- Form is available on our
online filing web page and filed through
Due date – May 3, 2021
- Only eligible municipalities can access the 2021 ERP Worksheet
- Municipalities that do not file by May 3, 2021 are not eligible to receive a 2022 ERP payment
Amended Budgets – if your municipality must amend its budget, you must:
- E-file timely by May 3, 2021 with current budget information
- Submit an amended ERP Worksheet with your amended budget information by July 1, 2021
The above information is based on current state law. DOR will provide updated information if there are changes to state law.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.