February 12, 2020
To: County Clerks and Treasurers, Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the following forms in My DOR Government Account (MyDORGov).
- SL-320C – County Fallen Protective Services Insurance Report
- SL-320M – Municipal Fallen Protective Services Insurance Report
Under state law (2019 WI Act 19), counties and municipalities must submit this form (SL-320C or SL-320M) if they:
- Had a police officer, emergency medical services practitioner, or firefighter die in the line of duty
- Paid hospital, surgical or other health insurance premiums for the surviving spouse and dependent children during 2019
- Form is available in
Due date – March 16, 2020
- County/Municipal Clerk must electronically file (e-file) this report
- The reported values are used to calculate the 2021 adjustment to County and Municipal Aid.
A county/municipality will not be eligible for this aid adjustment if the form is not submitted timely.
Each county/municipality must report:
- Number of eligible deceased personnel
- Number of surviving spouses/dependents and their age as of January 1, 2019
- Premiums paid during 2019
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.