July 16, 2019
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, County Treasurers, Real Property Listers, Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to inform you of the 58 municipalities that have not electronically filed (e-filed) Form PA-550:
Personal Property Value Report (see
PA-550 Non-Filer Report).
Every Wisconsin municipality must e-file Form PA-550. If a municipality does not e-file Form PA-550, the personal property aid payment will be delayed.
- Form is available on
My DOR Government Account
Due date – was June 3, 2019
- Municipal clerk must e-file Form PA-550, reporting the 2017 locally assessed machinery, tools, and patterns (Code 2) values to DOR
- These values were previously reported to the municipality on Schedule C of the Statement of Personal Property (Form PA-003)
- The reported values are used to calculate the 2020 personal property aid payments for
all Wisconsin local governments under state law (sec. 79.096, Wis. Stats.)
Each municipality must report the 2017 locally assessed Code 2 values by:
Section A – Municipal Totals
- Within the municipality (auto-filled from your 2017 Statement of Assessment)
- Within tax incremental districts (TIDs)
- Outside of TIDs
Section B – Taxing Jurisdiction
- Within each taxing jurisdiction (ex: school district, special district) that existed in 2017 within the municipality
Section C – TIDs
- Total within each TID that was active in 2017
- For each taxing jurisdiction within each TID
Note: If your municipality had no locally assessed Code 2 property in 2017, you must submit a zero value report.
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.