May 20, 2019
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, County Treasurers, Real Property Listers, Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind you that every Wisconsin municipality must electronically file (e-file) Form PA-550:
Personal Property Value Report by
Monday, June 3, 2019.
- Form is available on
My DOR Government Account
Due date – June 3, 2019
- Municipal clerk must e-file Form PA-550, reporting the 2017 locally assessed machinery, tools, and patterns (Code 2) values to DOR
- These values were previously reported to the municipality on Schedule C of the Statement of Personal Property (Form PA-003)
Why e-file timely? The reported values will be used to calculate the 2020 personal property aid payments for
all Wisconsin local governments under sec. 79.096, Wis. Stats.
Each municipality must report the 2017 locally assessed Code 2 values:
Section A – Municipal Totals
- Within the municipality (auto-filled from your 2017 Statement of Assessment)
- Within tax incremental districts (TIDs)
- Outside of TIDs
Section B – Taxing Jurisdiction
- Within each taxing jurisdiction (ex: school district, special district) that existed in 2017 within the municipality
Section C – TIDs
- Total within each TID that was active in 2017
- For each taxing jurisdiction within each TID
Note: If your municipality had no locally assessed Code 2 property in 2017, you must submit a zero value report.
My DOR Government Account (MyDORGov)
Accessing the form
- Click "My DOR GOV Account" on the
Governments landing page
- Complete email authorization by entering your email address and clicking the provided link sent via email
- When entering the system for the first time, you must provide your contact information
- Form PA-550 should be listed on your home screen. If not, follow the steps below to review your access.
Review your access
- On the MyDORGov home screen, click "View User Info" in the top right
- If you are the officeholder, verify this is listed on the left under "Your Office Summary" panel
- If it is not listed, click "Request Office" and submit an officeholder request to DOR
- Review any additional offices and/or accesses and make updates where necessary
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.