January 9, 2019
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, County Clerks, Real Property Listers and Treasurers, Primary and Public Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) will be collecting 2017 locally assessed machinery, tools and patterns (Code 2) values from each Wisconsin municipality, per state law (sec. 79.096(2)(a), Wis. Stats.). The form will be available to electronically file (e-file) early this year.
Each municipality will be required to report its 2017 locally assessed machinery, tools and patterns (Code 2) values, including:
- Within the municipality
- Within tax incremental districts (TIDs)
- Outside of TIDs
- Taxing jurisdictions that existed in 2017 within the municipality
- TIDs that were active in 2017
- Taxing jurisdiction within each TID
- If your municipality had no locally assessed Code 2 property in 2017, you must submit a zero report
- Retain these records to ensure your municipality can quickly e-file the form when available
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.