October 10, 2023
To: TIF/TID List, Assessors
Cc: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
Note: Disregard this message if you do not have a Tax Incremental District (TID) in your municipality.
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR), State and Local Finance Division is reminding municipalities of the upcoming October 31, 2023, deadline to submit a request for a 2024 TID base value adjustment due to personal property exemption.
- Effective - January 1, 2024
- Exempts certain personal property from taxation
- Allows municipalities with TIDs affected by this change to request DOR adjust a TID's base value to account for exempt personal property
TID Personal Property Adjustment Deadline
- Due date - October 31
- Email completed Personal Property Removal Workbook to email@example.com
- will review requests received:
- By October 31, 2023 - for adjustment in tax year 2024
- Between NOvember 1, 2023 and October 31, 2024 - for adjustment in tax year 2025
- Common questions - 2023 Act 12 Personal Property Exemption Adjustments
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.