March 16, 2023
To: General Assessors, Certified Assessors
Final 2022 sales reports are now available
The reports include assessment information received in the Provide Assessment Data (PAD) system as of March 3, 2023.
Accessing the Reports
- To access the reports, log into the
eRETR System using your WAMS ID
- Links to the reports are located on the home screen under "Assessor Sales Reports"
2022 Final Sales Reports
Useable Sales for DOR Ratio Projection – this report includes 2022 sales identified as arm's-length and useable for ratio purposes by the assessor. An assessor may use the report's assessment/sales statistics to assist in estimating the January 1, 2023 level of assessment.
Assessment/Sales Ratio Analysis – this report is an analysis of the 2022 sales the assessor identified as arm's-length and useable for ratio purposes
- If a municipality is located within two or more counties, there is a ratio report for each piece of the municipality and a report combining all pieces
- The split district report is located within the applicable county
- All combined reports for split district municipalities are located in a separate link below the list of counties
- Review Chapter 10 of the
Wisconsin Property Assessment Manual for information on sales ratio statistics
Prior Year Reports
The 2021 Useable Sales Reports and Assessment/Sales Ratio Reports are still available. Links to these reports are on the same web page as the 2022 reports.
May 1, 2023 Deadline – Stratified Assessment Data
- Stratified assessment data or similar information must be submitted to your
district office by
May 1 for consideration in establishing the 2023 real estate market trends (economic adjustments)
- Information on stratifying assessments into similar property groupings and a sample DOR spreadsheet are available on our website in the Resources section
June 12, 2023 Deadline – 2023 Assessor Reports
- Municipal Assessment Report (MAR)
Note: 2023 MAR report will be available in late April. DOR will send an email including filing instructions.
district office in your area.