February 27, 2023
To: General Assessors, Certified Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind assessors that the final deadline to enter 2022 sales and assessment data in the Provide Assessment Data (PAD) system for the
FINAL Assessment to Sales Ratio Report is this
Friday, March 3. To access DOR's Provide Assessment Data system (PAD), visit DOR's
Assessor web page, and click the "Provide Assessment Data" link located in the "Online Services" section.
- Assessors are required to provide assessment data to us completely and promptly, under state law (sec. 73.03(5), Wis. Stats.)
- If you do not submit the required information by March 3, we will file a formal complaint against your certification with DOR's Education and Certification group
Sales summary status
- Attached is a status summary of sales as of 3:00 p.m., February 25 that still needs a response in the PAD system
- Check for late 2022 sales recorded in 2023 that still need a response in the PAD system
- If you still need to submit or amend 2022 assessment data, review the timeline and information listed below
Timeline for 2022 sales and PAD information
These dates apply when you use the PAD system to submit individual sales information
and when you send an electronic file to DOR.
March 3, 2023 – final deadline for assessors to enter 2022 sales and assessment data in PAD
March 3, 2023 – final date to notify DOR of any 2022 assessment data corrections to the preliminary sales reports
March 24, 2023 – DOR distributes final 2022 Assessment to Sales Ratio Report to assessors
June 1, 2023 – PAD system is available for entering sales and assessment data for 2023 sales
- If you submit an electronic file, contact the Office of Technical and Assessment Services at email@example.com to test the file layout before the deadline
Remember – you must review the DOR PAD file status email
- Email identifies the number of accepted sales and any sales with errors
- If errors exist, the document attached to the file status email identifies the sales and errors that need correcting
- If there are sales with errors, you must correct them and upload the corrected file
- If you need to make changes to data entered in PAD, you can make them
during the same week you initially entered the data
- If you need to make changes
after this initial week or you need help using PAD, contact the
Equalization Bureau District Office in your area
- Instructions for using PAD are available on our
We appreciate your continued efforts to provide verified, accurate and timely information.
district office in your area.