January 5, 2023
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, County Clerks, Treasurers, Real Property Listers and Register of Deeds, Special Districts, Certified Assessors, Public Assessor List
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue, State and Local Finance Division (DOR) calculated new 2023 Managed Forest Land and Private Forest Crop rates. You must update these rates before calculating the 2023 tax bills.
Managed Forest Land (MFL)
- Under state law, DOR calculates MFL acreage rates (secs.
(cm), Wis. Stats.)
- MFL acreage rates – see table below
- Effective for 2023 through 2027 assessment years
- Calculated again in 2027 for the 2028 assessment year
MFL Acres Entered Before 2005|
Applicable Statute 77.84(2)||Rate per Acre|
|Ferrous Mining ||(bp)||$7.37|
MFL Acres Entered After 2004|
Applicable Statute 77.84(2)||
Rate per Acre|
Private Forest Crop (PFC)
- Under state law, DOR calculates PFC rates (sec.
77.04(2), Wis. Stats.)
- PFC acreage rate – $3.60 per acre
- Effective for 2023 through 2032 assessment years
- Calculated again in 2032 for the 2033 assessment year
Contact us at email@example.com.