June 6, 2022
To: Statutory Assessors, Public Assessors, and Municipal Clerks
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind you that the 2022 filing deadline for the Municipal Assessment Report (MAR) is next Monday, June 13, 2022.
- The 2022 MAR report is located on DOR's online filing system, My DOR Government Account (MyDORGov). Filing instructions are available on our
Electronically file (e-file) the MAR by midnight Monday, June 13, 2022
We encourage assessors to file prior to the June 13 deadline, so any filing issues can be resolved timely
MAR Non-filer Lists
- Attached is a summary of the MAR reports that have
not been filed
- Report includes non-filers as of 4:00 a.m. today, Monday, June 6, 2022
- Review the non-filer list to make sure we received your filing
- DOR will email updated non-filer summary on Monday, June 13
Non-filed or Late-filed Forms
If you do not file by Monday, June 13, 2022, the following may occur:
Municipal reporting – municipality receives a reduced levy limit due to the lack of new construction information
TID reporting – prior year's non-manufacturing full value is certified for the current year. This may result in less tax increment dollars available to the municipality.
Note: If you do not file a MAR by June 13, 2022, DOR's Equalization Bureau will file a formal complaint against your certification with the Office of Technology & Assessment Services, requesting a review and possible revocation of your assessor certification under state law (sec. 73.09(7), Wis. Stats.)
district office in your area.