PAD Information

January 25, 2021

To: Statutory Assessors, Assessors

The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind assessors that you are required to provide assessment data to us completely and promptly, under state law (sec. 73.03(5), Wis. Stats.). If you still need to submit your 2020 data, review the timeline listed below. To access DOR's Provide Assessment Data system (PAD), visit DOR's Assessor web page, and click the "Provide Assessment Data" link located in the "Online Services" section.

Timeline for 2020 sales and PAD information

These dates apply to all assessors, whether you use the PAD system to submit individual sales information or you send an electronic file to DOR.

  • February 5, 2021 – Deadline to enter 2020 sales and assessment data in PAD for the preliminary Assessment to Sales Ratio Report
  • February 19, 2021 – DOR distributes preliminary Assessment to Sales Ratio Report to assessors for review
  • March 5, 2021 – Final date to notify DOR of any 2020 assessment data corrections to the preliminary report, due to entry error
  • March 5, 2021 – Final deadline for assessors to enter 2020 sales and assessment data in PAD for the Final Assessment to Sales Report
  • March 26, 2021 – DOR distributes final Assessment to Sales Ratio Report to assessors
  • June 1, 2021 – PAD system is available for entering sales and assessment data for 2021 sales

Electronic files

  • If you submit an electronic file, contact the Office of Technical and Assessment Services to test the file layout before the deadline
  • Remember – after submitting your file, you must review the DOR PAD file status email
    • Email identifies the number of accepted sales and any sales with errors
    • If errors exist, the attached document identifies the sales and errors that need correcting
    • If there are sales with errors, you must correct them and upload the corrected file


We appreciate your continued efforts to provide verified, accurate and timely information.

If you have questions, contact the Equalization Bureau District Office in your area.