February 6, 2019
To: Municipal Assessors
In July 2018, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's (DOR) State and Local Finance Division conducted a customer survey. In the survey, we asked assessors about the Annual Assessment Report (AAR).
July 2018 Summary of AAR survey results
- Time to complete a maintenance AAR:
- 12 percent of assessors take less than an hour
- 44 percent take one to four hours
- 21 percent take more than 4 hours
- 23 percent do not know
- Time to complete a revaluation AAR:
- 3 percent of assessors take less than an hour
- 18 percent take one to four hours
- 40 percent take more than 4 hours
- 39 percent do not know
- 72 percent of assessors provide the AAR to the municipal officials
- 39 percent of assessors say the AAR helps explain assessment work to customers
- 25 percent of assessors say the AAR is a benefit to the assessor and assessment staff
- 24 percent of assessors say the AAR is a benefit to municipal officials
- 12 percent of assessors say the AAR is a benefit to the public
Assessors are required to complete a 2019 AAR for each municipality. We would like your feedback. Please complete the attached survey (link below) to identify what assessment information is most helpful to the municipality you serve. We recently asked similar questions of municipal officials. Their responses and the information we collect from you will help determine whether a modified AAR should continue as a requirement or be replaced by another resource.
Please complete this survey by February 27, 2019.
Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.