January 29, 2019
To: Statutory Assessors, General Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind assessors that you are required to provide assessment data to us completely and promptly, under state law (sec. 73.03(5), Wis. Stats.). If you still need to submit your 2018 data, review the timeline listed below. To access DOR's Provide Assessment Data system (PAD), visit DOR's
Assessor web page, and click the "Provide Assessment Data" link located in the "Online Services" section.
Timeline for 2018 sales and PAD information
These dates apply to all assessors, whether you use the PAD system to submit individual sales information or you send an electronic file to DOR.
February 8, 2019 – Deadline to enter 2018 sales and assessment data in PAD for the preliminary Assessment to Sales Ratio Report
February 22, 2019 – DOR distributes preliminary Assessment to Sales Ratio Report to assessors
March 8, 2019 – Final deadline for assessors to enter 2018 sales and assessment data in PAD for the Final Assessment to Sales Report
March 8, 2019 – Final date to notify DOR of any 2018 assessment data corrections to the preliminary report, due to entry error
March 29, 2019 – DOR distributes final Assessment to Sales Ratio Report to assessors
June 3, 2019 – PAD system is available for entering sales and assessment data for 2019 sales
- If you submit an electronic file, contact the
Office of Technical and Assessment Services to test the file layout before the deadline
Remember – after submitting your file, you must review the DOR PAD file status email
- Email identifies the number of accepted sales and any sales with errors
- If errors exist, the attached document identifies the sales and errors that need correcting
- If there are sales with errors, you must correct them and upload the corrected file
- If you need to make changes to data entered in PAD, you can make them during the same week you initially entered the data
- If you need to make changes after this initial week or you need help using PAD, contact the
Equalization Bureau District Office in your area
- Check the PAD system for late 2018 sales recorded in 2019
- Instructions for using PAD are available on our
district office of any new municipalities you are assessing in 2019, or any municipalities you assessed in 2018 that you no longer assess. We appreciate your continued efforts to provide verified, accurate and timely information.